Wednesday 9 May 2012

teething and breastfeeding

Into May already! I've been taking my pre-natal pills and eating healthier...well except for the girls night we had friday and my sister is visiting which means one thing, BROWNIES!! lol.
I usually use the rule that as long as im keeping active (which when running after a my Gosling isnt too hard) then i won't worry too much about the odd treat, but 3 days of rain and a poorly teething toddler means i've been pretty lazy, so i did some stretches and squats to make up for it :P
We're starting to get cabin fever, but Gosling is poorly, she spent all weekend teething and being super tired bless her, and this morning has woken up all snotty and even fussier. Shes normally a very active, independant fearless,crazy child, which i love her so much for, she'll be a brilliant big sister! I hate seeing her just slumped in front of the tv and getting frustrated with everything. The only thing that makes her feel better is Mummys milk, which she has every morning in our bed and shes allowed through out the day whenever she wants, i offer her food or water so she can choose exactly what she wants, but if its mummy she wants it mummy she gets!
 Which is fine with me, except when shes teething bad like she was yesterday evening and this morning, she grinds her jaw, on me, and yes its as painful as it sounds! It makes a lovely 'ring' round my nipple, half is a dent, the other half is a bruise. Yesterday wasnt so bad, it was almost bedtime when she started grinding so i just had to distract her long enough to get her to bed, which Mr.Goose had to do to avoid her having a 'i need mummy milk' fit, which she only does when shes poorly and i feel so guilty that i cant do it thanks to the teething ring she'd left :( but she doesnt normally have my milk at bedtime anyway, and daddy goose gets her off so quick <3
So far this morning shes kept asking for milk but has managed on just my left, much less painful side, and now shes asleep, I'm hoping she'll wake up all better and ready to jump on the sofa and wrestle with me <3 love her so much and I will be so sad when she stops breastfeeding, which i both hope and dread she stops during the first trimester, but I'll write more on my thoughts of that later. she could wake up any minute and the house needs some attention :P



No comments:

Post a Comment