Monday 21 May 2012

Reasons I love breastfeeding

This will be an on going, regularly updated list of why i love breastfeeding, with photos! (and when i get a better camera phone I'll update with better photos :P )



  • Last week Gosling had a fever, for most the week. She was off her food, and gave up her bedtime/nap time bottle of cows milk!

 ( i wasn't feeling too great either :P )

Was i worried about weight loss? losing nutrients? dehydration? 
NOPE!



It might not be as filling as toast,but it defiantly has everything she needs!


If your wondering what exactly is in BM, click here :
 so whats in breastmilk?



  • On an average day, I sleep badly, and am barely awake when I or my partner get Gosling from her room and put her in our bed  for our morning feed, this is the best time to feed her, it give me a chance to wake up at my own pace, get a cuddle and maybe a kiss, laugh, tickle, wrestle, and reconnect with DD after a night apart, and after we can go downstairs awake and ready to face the day!

This morning, for once, I woke before my  lovely lady, so when she woke up i was less passed out during her feed, lol! So i took some (unflattering) photos.



  • Playing in the park, there are two good reasons i love breastfeeding to do with playing in the park, and annoyingly i haven't managed to get photos so hopefully add them later! 
 We live round the  corner from the park, so some days when Ive finished cleaning and the garden seems a bit boring ( or we all ready played in it all morning!), after lunch I sometimes just grab Goslings lady bug bag, my sling, and my keys, an off we go to the park, yeay! after 30mins of playing, my lil adventurer gets thirsty... but I didn't grab her drink!!




^ no problem, mummy has milk on tap, when ever my girl needs a drink :D

reason two is more sad and even less likely to get a photo tho i will add one of her bump,, yes her bump! I'm an awful mummy who let her poor Gosling fall over and bounce her face off the park floor, causing her to have a large (totally not amusing) bump, in the pattern of the park floor! My poor Bum had that horrible open mouth silence just before the screaming started so you know its serious!

 a few hours later, pattern bruise! :(

Well, straight onto boobies! Instant comfort, everything calm, and a chance to check her head, first feeling shocked, then unable to stop giggling with all the mums about her very pretty bump! Yes we're very mean, but i hope Gosling does learn to laugh at herself, while mummy kisses the booboo away. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment